Author: Mike Metcalf
ICSA Solutions are an innovative series of ebooks that provide immediate access to all the necessary information on a particular topic; offering practical guidance, case studies and time-saving checklists in a one-off download.
This guide looks at quoted companies and outlines the procedures involved in changing the auditor at either the AGM or in filling a casual vacancy.The guide also looks at the practical implications of changing the auditors of subsidiaries. It provides an explanation of the detailed statutory rules on auditor appointment; the statutory rules on the termination of the old auditor’s appointment; and professional and contractual matters.
Includes the following customisable materials:
• Flowchart – appointment procedures
• Flowchart – cessation of office procedures
• Sample letter to Old Auditor making changeover arrangements and authorising communication with New Auditor
• Sample letter: Circulation to company members and others by an unquoted company (if statement of circumstance is given), or by a quoted company in all cases (Section 520)
• Notification to appropriate audit authority (applicable if the Old Auditor has been removed or resigned or, for major audits, where departure is for any reason (Section 523)
• Covering letter to be sent to the Registrar
• The appointment of New Auditor at the AGM is minuted
• Draft written resolution to be sent to members
• Draft directors’ resolution to be passed at board meeting to appoint new auditor
Please note this is a digital only title and not available in hard copy.
Quoted holding company
Unquoted holding company
Changing auditors of subsidiaries
An explanation of detailed auditor changeover rules