Author: Cecile Gillard
Published: July 2017 | ISBN: 9781860726965
Download a free extract from this title
This comprehensive guide offers practical support and advice to anyone involved in the management and administration of charities.
Packed with practical advice, How to Run a Charity offers the reader all the essential facts needed to set up and run a successful charity. From legal parameters and their practical impacts, to finance and managing assets, to the roles and responsibilities of charity boards and trustees, the book offers both theory and practice, with case studies to highlight not only where things can go right, but also where things can go (sometimes horribly) wrong.
The book has been extensively revised for this second edition to cover all the latest legislation, including:
1. Legal and regulatory context
2. Constitution: the governing document
3. Governance and management
4. Members and membership matters
5. Public accounting and reporting
6. Good stewardship: the correct application of funds and assets
7. Operating the charity
8. Resourcing the charity: funding and fundraising
"I would commend it as a book which those concerned with the administration of a charity should have on their book-shelves."
Dr Peter Smith, Parson & Parish