Authors: Keith Mattacks, Adrian Pryce, Ross Thompson
Published: June 2017 | ISBN: 9781860727108
This official ICSA study text has been designed to support the Strategy in Practice module of the ICSA qualifying programme, covering the strategic management process and focusing on a range of areas including the nature of strategy and planning, strategic analysis, strategic purpose and implementation.
Presented in a practical and accessible style, this study text incorporates a number of features to support learning:
This text is an ideal companion for students, but is also suitable for practitioners who play a role in setting and delivering an organisation’s strategic purpose and objective.
Find out how to register for the qualifying programme.
Part One: Introduction to strategy
1. The nature of strategy and planning
2. Developing strategy
Part Two: Strategic analysis
3. The external environment
4. Strategic capability and competences
5. Strategy and organisational culture
Part Three: Strategic purpose
6. The governing body and strategy
7. Expressing organisational purpose
8. Business ethics, social responsibility and good corporate citizenship
Part Four: Implementing and evaluating strategy
9. Strategic choices
10. Strategy development
11. Organisational structure and design
12. Monitoring strategy
13. Managing strategic change