Authors: Brian Coyle, Trina Hill
Published: June 2017 | ISBN: 9781860727023
This official ICSA study text has been created to support students taking the Corporate Governance module, introducing corporate governance and explaining its significance and the role of the company secretary in corporate governance awareness and compliance. It covers all aspects of the governance obligations of organisations, the role that the chartered secretary plays in implementing corporate governance, and encompasses the most up-to-date changes in legislation, regulation and guidance, especially in the UK Corporate Governance Code and the Stewardship Code.
Presented in a helpful and accessible style, this study text incorporates a number of features to support learning:
The text provides an excellent guide for students, but is also a handy reference for anyone who works in a governance role, or who wants to learn more about the field of corporate governance.
Find out how to register for the qualifying programme.
Part One: General principles of corporate governance
1. Definitions and issues in corporate governance
2. Legal and regulatory aspects of governance
3. Voluntary codes of corporate governance: the role of the company secretary
Part Two: Governance in practice
4. The board of directors
5. Governance and boardroom practice
6. Remuneration of directors and senior executives
7. Reporting to shareholders and external audit
8. Relations with shareholders
Part Three: Risk management and internal control
9. Risk management and corporate governance
10. Internal control systems
Part Four: Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
11. Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
12. Reporting corporate social responsibility and sustainability
Part Five: Other governance issues
13. Other governance issues