This title is the nominated study text for ICSA's qualifying programme, the first exam session for this module takes place in November 2019.
The nominated study texts for ICSA's qualifying programme June 2019 exam session, can be found here.
Publishing: July 2019 | ISBN: 9781860727474
Designed for those on the journey to becoming a Chartered Secretary or Governance Professional, ICSA’s Company Law study text provides you with knowledge of legal frameworks relevant to the organisation of a business and highlights the links between company law and corporate governance.
It covers the sources of company law; the board of directors, including appointment, remuneration and disqualification; company memberships; capital and corporate transparency and corporate restructuring and liquidation.
This study text details all you need to know to qualify for Module 3 of the ICSA qualifying programme. It contains:
- Worked examples and ‘Test Yourself’ questions with full, worked answers
- Case studies and ‘Stop and Think’ scenarios to help you apply your knowledge
- Comprehensive chapter summaries to aid your revision.
Find out how to register for the qualifying programme.
- Sources of company law and governance
- Business structures
- Incorporation and corporate personality
- Legally binding the company
- The board of directors
- The role of the board
- Director’s duties
- Company meetings and decision-making
- Member’s remedies
- Shares and share capital
- The capital maintenance rules
- Loan capital
- Corporate transparency
- Market abuse
- Corporate restructuring and takeovers
- Corporate rescue
- Liquidation and dissolution