This title is the nominated study text for ICSA's qualifying programme, the first exam session for this module takes place in November 2019.
The nominated study texts for ICSA's qualifying programme June 2019 exam session, can be found here.
Publishing: July 2019 | ISBN: 9781860727559
Designed for those on the journey to becoming a Chartered Secretary or Governance Professional, ICSA’s Boardroom Dynamics study text provides you with knowledge required to support both individuals and groups to influence boardroom performance.
It covers the importance of boardroom dynamics; diversity of a board including technical competence and personal characteristics; and influencing the board including when to become involved, how to manage talent and how to maintain personal resilience.
This study text details all you need to know for Module 7 of the ICSA qualifying programme. It contains:
- Worked examples and ‘Test Yourself’ questions with full, worked answers
- Case studies and ‘Stop and Think’ scenarios to help you apply your knowledge
- Comprehensive chapter summaries to aid your revision.
Find out how to register for the qualifying programme.
- The emergence of board dynamics in governance
- Governance structures
- Board director demographics and attributes
- Psychology of the board
- Board decision-making
- Stakeholder conversations
- Culture in the boardroom
- Diversity in the boardroom
- The effect of meeting design on boardroom dynamics
- Effecting change in the boardroom
- Effective talent management
- Board evaluation
- Cultural differences in boardroom dynamics
- Developing behavioural agility
- Maintaining personal resilience