Published: June 2013 | ISBN: 9781860725418
Aimed at company secretaries, governance professionals directors, this book is a guide to good conflict management and will answer a number of important questions:
Each chapter in this book deals with a specific area of dispute resolution or conflict management, and includes charts, diagrams and an in-depth real-life case study of a conflict and how it was managed successfully.
Also includes are checklists, further reading lists and a directory.
Difficult conversations are a natural part of human interaction and working life. Depending on how they are approached and how they proceed, they can present an opportunity to improve and make things work better, or they can lead to damaged relationships and lost business efficiency.
1. Common sense and sensibility – conflicting priorities for the company secretary
2. The company secretary and board involvement in organisational conflict and employment disputes
3. Avoiding boardroom warfare – remedying board disputes
4. Managing emotional turbulence – the psychology of organisational conflict
5. Working with powerful people in a dispute context
6. Projected success – how not to let conflict undermine critical projects
7. The world outside – managing conflict with external stakeholders and clients
8. The potential for conflict over ownership – who is in control?