Author: Douglas Armour
Published: November 2016 | ISBN: 9781860726781
Our Company Secretary’s Handbook is the authoritative guide to company secretarial practice. Coverage is comprehensive, from incorporation to winding up, detailing the procedures associated with boards of directors, company meetings, reporting, shares, and share registration. The Handbook also contains chapters on listed company compliance, corporate governance, company investigations, takeovers and mergers, and insolvency.
Detailed commentary is accompanied by over 80 precedents, appendices, a glossary of key terms, and a directory of key company secretarial resources.
This new edition has been updated throughout to cover the latest developments in company law and regulation, including:
Company Secretary's Handbook is the essential volume for company secretaries, providing in-depth commentary and analysis on all procedural matters.
The perfect companion to Company Secretary's Checklists
This text comes with downloadable digital content, including precedents, governance codes and guidance, and model articles.
1. The company secretary
2. Company incorporation
3. Articles of Association
4. Company names
7. Corporate compliance
8. Members' resolutions and general meetings
9. Directors' meetings and resolutions
12. Share capital, debentures and loan stock
14. Purchase and redmption shares
15. Floating, listing and admission to trading
16. Continuing obligation of Listed, AIM and ISDX Growth Market companies
17. Corporate governance
18. Share registration19. Dividends
20. Mortgages and charges
21. Takeovers, mergers and divisions
22. Insolvency, dissolution and restoration
24. Overseas and non-Companies Act companies