Author: Chris Priestley
Published: April 2012 | ISBN: 9781860724909
This book provides quick and easy access to all the information charity trustees need to successfully manage their wide-ranging legal responsibilities and overall accountability for their charity.
Written for trustees of large, medium-sized and small charities, charity managers and charity advisers, this book contains extensive guidance on charities regulation and best practice, including trustee recruitment and responsibilities, governance, board structure and functions, financial issues (including fundraising) and trustee-staff relations.
The book covers the key aspects of the trustee function that are common to the majority of trustees, as well as providing useful tips, sample documents and summary checklists, and real-world examples help to put theory into practice.
2. Responsibilities, risk and regulation
3. Recruitment, appointment and induction of trustees
4. Governance structure
5. Running the board
6. Trustee–staff relations: roles and responsibilities
7. Accounting, financial management and control
8. Taxation and other financial issues
10. Monitoring, evaluation and quality.