Being an effective negotiator is an important skill to acquire when dealing with both colleagues and clients. This course will help you to learn some practical negotiation techniques and strategies, and to plan your negotiations to give you the greatest chance of success. Covering the principles, the preparation and the practice of negotiating skills the course combines theory with practical activities and scenarios that are set in the finance world, which will help you put what you learn into practice.
Negotiation Skills enables the learner to:
- Explore situations and find solutions that are acceptable to both parties
- Plan all their negotiations effectively
- Use constraints and variables to reach an acceptable conclusion for both parties
- Identify their own negotiation style to help them improve
- Handle the difficult situations and difficult people they will encounter when negotiating
- Understand and avoid some of the common traps they might come across in their negotiations
- Understand how to prepare in a way that will ensure the best result for them
- Learn when not to negotiate and say NO!
- What is the aim of negotiation?
- What is effective negotiation?
- What are the principles of negotiating?
- Who is involved in negotiation?
Techniques and strategies
- How should I handle negotiation successfully?
- What are constants and variables and how should I use them?
- What are trading concessions and how do I use them?
- What negotiation styles are there?
- How do we come to an agreement?
- What other strategies are involved?
- What objections might I face?
- How do I handle objections?
- How do I deal with an awkward negotiator?
- How can I recognise and resolve conflict?
- What are some of the common traps in negotiating?
- When should I not negotiate?
Planning to negotiate
- How do I get ready to negotiate?
- How do I prepare for a successful negotiation?
- How should I behave during a negotiation?
- What should I do once I have come to an agreement?