By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions). Completion and submission of an entry form or e-mail will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion published in publications of the Promoter (including social media if applicable) or on the Promoter's websites, also apply to this Promotion. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
1. Residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland aged 18 or over only, except employees and agents of the Promoter, The Chartered Governance Institute and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion (including third party promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
2. The Promotion starts at 00:01 am (UK time) on 22 March 2021 and closes at 23:59 pm (UK time) on 1 April 2021 (the Promotion Period).
3. To enter you must provide your contact information on the entry form during the Promotion Period.
4. Participants may only enter the draw once during the Promotion Period.
6. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries for this Promotion received during the Promotion Period.
7. The prizes are as follows:
8. Prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
9. The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an "as is" basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
10. In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter's reasonable control the Promoter is unable to award the prizes as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. The Promoter also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
11. 5 winners will be chosen at random at the end of the draw. The promoter will send out an email within 24 hours of the draw closing to the winners and will be posting their prize within one working day of the draw closing.
12. Winners’ prizes will be posted to the address they provided in the submission form
13. The prize will be delivered within a reasonable time. However due to COVID-19 post may be delayed and will arrive as soon as possible.
14. The Promoter will collect and process participants' personal information and it will be shared with the Promoter's agents, affiliates and, if applicable, any third party prize provider. Information provided by participants will only be used for the purpose of conducting this Promotion (including for prizes to be delivered) and other purposes as may be specified at the time of entry or on promotional materials.
15. Participants' surnames and general locations will be published or made publicly available if they are the winner of the Promotion in accordance with regulatory requirements. This includes making their name available on the Promoter's websites and social media platforms.
16. The Promoter's decision is final and binding on the participants. No correspondence will be entered into.
17. If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Promotion, their entry will be void.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
19. The provision of the prizes do not imply endorsement by the Promoter of any third parties concerned in any way with the Promotion.
20. Unless otherwise stated in the promotional materials, this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prizes. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prizes (although, if you win, your details may be disclosed to the prize provider in order to provide you with the prize).
21. Participants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant's ability to participate in the Promotion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
22. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Promotion.
23. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter's reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other participants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter's website (the Website).
25. If you are a resident of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland then these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions (except if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland). If you are a resident of Ireland then these Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and the Irish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
26. The promoter of this Promotion is The Chartered Governance Institute, Saffron House, 6-10 Kirby St, Holborn, London EC1N 8TS