Completely revised and reworked for 2013, this course offers an introduction to the core duties of the company secretary. It explains the events that give rise to a need for some sort of company secretarial action, and provides company secretaries with the basic tools to ensure that their organisations remain compliant.
The course includes some interactive case studies designed to reinforce key topics addressed throughout the day and to illustrate how to make use of the comprehensive practical guidance included in the course notes.
Trainer: Andrew C Hamer
Type: Full day
Location: ICSA, Saffron House, 6–10 Kirby Street, London, EC1N 8TS
- Core duties of the company secretary
- What has to be filed at Companies House and when
- What statutory registers and records need to be kept
- Company identity and execution of documents
- Secretary’s role in company decision-making
- Directors’ duties.
What will you get out of it?
- Insight into the matters that the company secretary must attend to in order to avoid personal liability under the Companies Act.
- Tools and resources to work out what company secretarial procedures should be followed, including comprehensive course notes.
- An understanding of the areas in which the secretary is expected to advise and assist the board.
- The skills and confidence to undertake the core compliance duties of the company secretary even if stepping in to the role for the first time.