People frequently find themselves called upon to take minutes, with little guidance on how to produce an accurate record of what took place. Ambiguous agreements, a vague agenda, interruptions and a poor chairperson, are just some of the factors that can make this a daunting task. This course provides practical guidance on how to overcome these and other problems, and take accurate minutes.
Trainer: Phil Davis and Rob Robson
Type: Full day
Location: ICSA, Saffron House, 6–10 Kirby Street, London, EC1N 8TS
- Why are minutes kept?
- The role of the minute taker
- The problems with minute taking
- Understanding the nature of meetings
- The skills of effective minute writing
- Essential communication skills.
What will you get out of it?
- A toolkit of skills which will boost your confidence in the writing and presenting of accurate minutes
- An understanding of how meetings work, the problems which can occur and how they can be addressed
- Techniques and tips on effective communication, relationship building and dealing with discord.