In today's legal and regulatory climate, directors and senior executives need more than ever to have a clear understanding of the responsibilities and personal liabilities they carry, the skills to deal with conflict in the boardroom and the tools to manage the relationship between the company and its shareholders. This course looks in detail at those responsibilities and liabilities, and considers directors' wider responsibilities in such areas as health and safety and environmental protection.
Trainer: Lorraine Young
Type: Full day
Location: ICSA, Saffron House, 6–10 Kirby Street, London, EC1N 8TS
- Directors’ statutory duties
- Liabilities, sanctions and indemnities
- Power and authority
- Good boardroom practice and board relationships
- Induction, development and performance review
- Current legal issues.
What will you get out of it?
- An understanding of the statutory framework for the role and responsibilities of company directors in the UK
- Confidence to advise your directors of the expectations of owners and regulators as to how they discharge their duties
- A practical model for assessing the effectiveness of your directors against good boardroom practice and identifying any areas of weakness.