The company secretarial team in a public limited company faces a multitude of legal and regulatory challenges. This intensive course offers a practical guide to some of those challenges, combining a detailed look at the law and regulation which determine the secretary’s work, a survey of the role and core duties of the company secretariat, and exercises designed to put theory into practice.
Trainer: Lorraine Young
Type: Full day
Location: ICSA, Saffron House, 6–10 Kirby Street, London, EC1N 8TS
- Role and duties of the company secretary
- The board and committees
- The Listing, Disclosure and Transparency Rules
- Corporate governance
- The year-end and general meetings
- Share incentives.
What will you get out of it?
- An understanding of the statutory framework underpinning the role of the company secretarial function within a listed business
- An opportunity to explore real-world examples of the secretarial team’s work, and to put theory into practice
- Techniques and tips for a number of key secretarial tasks – from taking minutes at board meetings to managing share plans and planning general meetings.