Corporate Reporting Manager
Your new role
As a Corporate Reporting Manager you will be responsible for project managing and delivering Highways England’s Annual Report & Accounts. This is one of the Company’s key publications containing information to meet statutory requirements under the Companies Act 2006. To be successful in this role, you will be organised, professional and personable in order to be able to deliver timely progress reports, to identify and where necessary escalate issues and to provide timely and relevant updates to the Company Secretary and Executive Directors. This role is close to the heart of the organisation, supports the wider General Counsel Directorate and is vital to ensuring that the Annual Report & Accounts is delivered on time and to a high quality, meeting our statutory requirements as well as the expectations of our external stakeholders.
What you’ll be leading on
- Project managing the day to day activity to deliver a high quality Annual Report & Accounts document to a demanding timescale.
- Planning and defining project steps, scoping project risks and issues, establishing plans, reviewing milestones and priorities.
- Delivering high quality insight and progress updates to the Company Secretary.
- Building and managing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Preparing and writing papers for the Committee and Board.
To be successful
- Experience of working as a Project Manager in a structured environment or relevant experience of delivering an Annual Report & Accounts project in a Company/Chartered Secretary role.
- Evidence of strong stakeholder management capability and collaboration experience.
- Knowledge of governance requirements.
- Evidence of excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate across all levels.
A bit about us
The General Counsel Directorate encompasses the company's legal team providing legal services and the Company Secretariat function. The Company Secretariat is a small team working to support the Board, the Executive Committee and their sub-committees ensuring that the company's corporate governance framework and culture is in accordance with best practice expectations and complies with the Companies Act and other corporate governance requirements, including the Company’s Framework Agreement and Licence. So, if you want to get involved with our relationships with our statutory stakeholders, providing valuable insight to the Company Secretary and Executive Directors and having significant input to one of our key corporate publications, then we’re the right place for you.
Want to know more?
Take a look at our Corporate Reporting Manager role profile
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
We reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.Closing date:
12:59am, 12 November 2018.
Reference number: HIG01561
...or go back to search results.