Company SecretaryRole details
Hours - 7.2 per week
Rate between £28 – 35 per hour
Location - LondonEpic CIC
Established in 2014 as the UK’s first youth services mutual, Epic CIC supports over 4,000 children and young people annually to overcome the social, economic and health barriers to success.
As an employee-led Community Interest Company, we are registered both at Companies House and with the CIC Regulator. We are governed by a Board of Directors including five elected staff representatives and five externally recruited non-executive Directors. Main Purpose of the role
We are seeking to recruit a part-time Company Secretary to provide high quality, professional company secretarial support to enhance the administration of our governance function and ensure compliance with our Articles of Association and relevant statutory obligations.
The Board meets six times per year for full Board meetings. The Finance and Risk Management sub-committee of the Board meets four times per year. The post holder is expected to attend all meetings. The meetings last two hours.Reporting to the Chairperson/Managing Director the main duties of the Company Secretary are:
- In conjunction with Chair and MD, ensure that key elements of the Epic business cycle are reflected in Board planning processes
- Track tenure of Board members and ensure appropriate and timely arrangements are in place to recruit new members as tenure expires
- Track and report to Board on progress against recommendations of any governance reviews.
- Provide company secretarial support to the Board and committees including planning, organising and preparing agendas and papers for Board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs) with the Chair and the MD and others as appropriate
- Ensure such meetings are properly administered and are run according to the constitution (The Memorandum and Articles of Association)
- Minute Board and other committee meetings or ensure that another minute taker is available accurately recording decisions and actions in the minutes.
- Track and report to Board and other committee meetings on the progress of actions and the result of decisions taken at previous meetings.
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders as directed by the Chair or MD.
Skills and qualifications
- To ensure that all requirements of Companies House (and other regulatory bodies) are met in a timely manner including keeping the list of Epic Directors up-to-date.
- Deal with relevant correspondence, writing letters/emails as directed and agreed at committee meetings, summarising correspondence/emails received at the next committee meetings and drafting replies as appropriate.
- Ensure the review and update of key Epic policies is scheduled into meeting cycles and referred to the appropriate committee for approval
- Maintain statutory books and documents, including registers of members, Directors and secretaries
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advise members of the legal and governance implications of proposed policies
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action to advise the Board
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant professional qualification, e.g. ICSA plus proven relevant experience
- Attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise accordingly.
Please send CV with covering email of up to 300 words explaining how you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com
by 12 noon Monday 19th February ’18Roots HR CIC are the retained HR consultants for Epic CIC
Reference number: CS
...or go back to search results.