Trainee Company Secretarial AssistantAbout Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland is a broad-based corporate practice, advising a wide corporate and institutional client base. The Company Secretarial Unit is expanding and is already one of the largest in a law firm. Its main areas of focus in the UK and internationally are mergers and acquisitions, IPO’s, corporate organisations, private equity transactions and joint ventures.
We are looking for a Trainee to work within the Company Secretarial Unit on UK-based matters. Key responsibilities:
Working as part of the Company Secretarial Unit, you will provide support to both external clients of the Firm and legal advisors working on different types of transactional work. The role will include the following day-to-day
• Assisting with the transactional support being provided by the Firm’s legal advisors;
• The preparation and electronic filing of forms with the Registrar of Companies and reviewing and updating statutory books;
• Assisting with the Team’s compliance matters including drafting documents; and
• Assisting with the co-ordination of the Department’s marketing events, including Company Secretaries Group Meeting.
There is a variety of work - no two days are the same and this role can provide a wealth of different skills and experience.
This is a role suited to someone looking to start a company secretarial career or those with previous experience. Skills and experience:
• We are looking to employ someone with a Law/Business Studies-based degree and with excellent attention to detail.
• It would be desirable if you have commenced or completed the ICSA.
• We would expect candidates to work on their own initiative and be confident in dealing with and communicating effectively to key stakeholders of all levels. Key competencies:
The successful candidate will need to have sound computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc. They will be a team player, have good interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post. We are an LGBT inclusive employer and are Stonewall Corporate Champions
Eversheds Sutherland endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, we operate within a preferred supplier list.
To apply for this role, please email your C.V. and cover letter to Amy Jaques on AmyJaques@eversheds-sutherland.com
Reference number: 1697590
...or go back to search results.