Trainee Company Secretary
This boutique law firm continues its remarkable success story and goes from strength to strength. It is keen to continue its growth and is currently seeking a Trainee Company Secretary to support the firm’s existing Company Secretary and other members of its corporate team.
The firm focuses on venture and growth capital equity financings and associated scale-up and exit work. The firm works across multiple sectors and has strengths in life sciences, clean tech and digital technologies. Within just a few years, the firm has built a stellar reputation and is focused on giving corporate and commercial advice in high growth industries such as technology, media, Fintech, internet, cleantech, life sciences and FMCG to investors, companies and entrepreneurs.
The role offers excellent exposure to core company secretarial duties across a wide variety of companies and would be a great opportunity to start your company secretarial career. Typical responsibilities of the role will include:
- transferring statutory registers onto the company secretarial software, Blueprint;
- updating statutory registers and other company records;
- handling client correspondence where the firm provides registered office;
- preparing and making Companies House filings, including annual confirmation statements;
- interpreting records at Companies House and drafting PSC registers;
- assisting the internal compliance team in collating anti-money laundering (“AML”) documentation in respect of new and existing clients;
- directly liaising with the compliance team and clients to ensure all correct information and documentation is received; and
- reviewing information and recording this in internal compliance checklists to ensure the firm is compliant with AML regulations.
Candidates should possess strong attention to detail, a high level of organisational and time-management skills, and be inquisitive and eager to learn. Good computing, team working and (written/verbal) communication skills are also important.How to apply:
Please email CV to Catherine.Hargreaves@jagshawbaker.comClosing date:
7 July 2017
Reference number: Trainee Co Sec
...or go back to search results.