Company Secretarial Assistant (6 month contract)
InfraRed Capital Partners is an international investment manager focused on infrastructure and real estate. It operates worldwide from offices in London, Hong Kong, New York, Sydney, Seoul and Mexico City. With more than 190 professionals, it manages US$12bn of equity capital in multiple private and listed funds, primarily for institutional investors across the globe. InfraRed Capital Partners is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.
InfraRed implements best-in-class practices to underpin asset management and investment decisions, promotes ethical behaviour and has established community engagement initiatives to support good causes in the wider community. InfraRed has been a signatory of the Principles of Responsible Investment since 2011 and has been awarded triple A+ score in 2019 PRI assessment.
InfraRed is a part of SLC Management which is the institutional alternatives and traditional asset management business of Sun Life. Over the past 30 years InfraRed has established itself as a highly successful developer and custodian of core infrastructure, renewable energy and real-estate assets that play a vital role in supporting sustainable communities.
For more information go to www.ircp.com
To support the Governance Team in providing a comprehensive range of company secretarial services to the business.
The role involves working closely with the team to maintain existing standards of service provision and governance while identifying opportunities to improve the company secretarial processes in the efficient and accurate provision of information, documentation and guidance to its Partners, UK and overseas boards and committees.
This position is offered as a 6 month fixed term contract.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintaining the Diligent Entities, and fund structures via Diligent
- Maintenance of statutory registers (including registered office list) as well as ensuring returns for group entities are completed and filed on time
- Ensure that statutory filings are adhered to
- Act as first port of call for the business in locating and retrieving corporate documentation for UK and overseas entities
- Act as first port of call for the business in using the Diligent Entities database (creation of user guides, provision of training as required and assisting in the design and improvement of new portals for users across the group
- Provide meeting support and minuting
- Creating records for newly incorporated entities (UK and overseas) on the entities database as well as in hard copy and on the shared drive
- Responding to requests for KYC information
- Performing annual review of information relating to InfraRed entities held by third party service providers
- Assisting in the annual process to circulate, approve and file statutory financial statements with the Registrar of Companies
- Provision of general administrative support to the team including scanning, filing and accurately organising electronic records to ensure efficient and easy retrieval
- Assist in the design and establishment of improved intranet portal for the team including maintenance of knowledge management documents and emerging risks or other research of relevance
- Liaising with colleagues from InfraRed offices in other jurisdictions regarding group entities
- Assisting with ad-hoc projects and other such tasks as maybe required
- Reconciliation of statutory documents in safe and archives
- Adhering to the Sustainability Policy incorporating sustainability into day-to-day practices to achieve long-term financial success for investors and meeting the requirements of the broader stakeholder group.
Skills and Qualifications
- Some relevant Financial services sector company secretarial experience is required
- Is highly organised, methodical and able to prioritise multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Ability to perform efficient, accurate, timely secretarial and administrative duties
- Previous experience of Diligent entities (statutory register software) essential
- Competent computer skills, with a strong knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Has excellent administration skills and high level of attention to detail
- Is confident dealing with people at all levels across the business
- Graduate with a degree from a well-respected university (or equivalent)
- Real interest in corporate governance
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and to deliver within strict deadlines
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure with minimum supervision
- Analytical and highly disciplined
- Proactive and self-motivated
- An effective team player