Ignition Law is a young and exciting law firm success story which continues to grow at a fast pace. Focused on working with start-up and scale-up entrepreneurial businesses, as well as more established SME’s, we offer a refreshing and simple approach to delivering professional services in this arena. We are open and transparent about our fees, the work we deliver and the kind of relationship that we want to build with our clients.
With the continuing growth of our team, we are looking to recruit a part time Company Secretary to fill a new and exciting role in the firm (3 days per week spread across the week ideally).
Essential skills include:
- Managing own case load of company secretarial work
- Attending meetings in person or virtually to complete board minutes and draft Shareholder resolutions
- Liaising with fee earners re corporate work and ensuring all Companies House filings are completed correctly following fund raises and M&A transactions
- Managing the various day to day company secretarial requests received from clients and acting as the point of contact for such requests
- Running the management of those clients who pay for our company secretarial services on a retainer basis
- Managing a small team of paralegals to assist with the company secretarial work
- Managing and arranging Companies House filings generally, liaising with Companies House and HMRC and other relevant bodies as and when required
- Facilities management and ensuring we are compliant with Health and Safety requirements alongside other office management responsibilities
Qualifications & Attributes
- Experience of Blueprint/Diligent Entities
- Broad experience dealing directly with a variety of different clients
- Experience around private company share capital, including subdivisions, consolidations
- Able to manage a team of paralegals and deliver certain office manager responsibilities as and when required
- Entrepreneurial and “self-starter” spirit to help build and grow the Company Secretarial team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven experience in a similar role
- An excellent communicator with the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Highly efficient, with outstanding organisational skills
- Skilled at rapport and relationship-building at all levels, and able to build trust and respect quickly
- Able to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks at short notice
- Solution-orientated, able to work autonomously, delegate, and prioritise your own workload
- Able to question and challenge others and to flex your own working style when needed
- Trustworthy and aware of the need for confidentiality
- A team player who actively contributes to support the goals of the senior leadership team
Our team is open, young, dynamic and friendly. It’s their style that has enabled our success, being able to relate to and work well with our clients. It is therefore important that alongside the technical skills to enable you to hit the ground running, you have excellent client facing and relationship building skills.
We will pay a very competitive salary or hourly rate to someone who is able to join us, get their sleeves rolled up and help build on our success.
Please send your CV outlining your experience and a cover email explaining why you’re interested in the role email@example.com
- Additional info: 2101_CoSec_IgnitionLaw_ (396kb) (the link will open in a new window)