An international law firm is looking for a company secretary to join their team in Dublin City Centre.
The successful candidate will look after the management and administration of a varied portfolio of clients primarily in the funds sector.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the provision of company secretarial services to a portfolio of regulated funds, and Irish and UK companies in a variety of different industry sectors;
- Formulate board meeting agendas to include local regulatory requirements;
- Co-ordinate and schedule board, committee and shareholder meetings;
- Attend board, committee and shareholders meetings for the purposes of taking detailed board minutes and accurately reflecting any discussions held;
- Prepare and circulate draft minutes and action points in agreed timelines;
- Collating board and committee materials into soft copy board papers and circulating same within agreed timelines;
- Co-ordinating general meetings (as required) including drafting notices of such meetings, collating proxy forms and ensuring sufficient votes have been received to hold such meetings;
- Act as a channel of communication for clients and directors on all matters of company law and corporate governance;
- Co-ordination and submission of annual returns and filings to the Companies Registration Office and filings with the Central Bank of Ireland (as applicable) and within the required timeframes;
- Act as the main point of contact and co-ordinator for Board, PCF and CF appointments, and liaison for the Central Bank IQ process;
- Provide support to clients and the legal team with respect to the existing ONR portal and new Central Bank online portal;
- Co-ordinate the execution, notarisation and legalisation of documents as required;
- Assist in the incorporation and setting up of regulated and unregulated entities;
- Assist clients, partners and associates with high level transactional work and provision of company secretarial advices;
- Maintenance of both soft copy and hard copy statutory books and records;
- Undertake any ad hoc projects as may be required to completion.
- Minimum of 2-3 years' relevant experience within industry or a professional services firm, ideally in the regulated funds industry;
- Strong working knowledge of the Companies Act 2014, the ICAV Act 2015 and different investment fund vehicles;
- Third level qualification in a related business / legal field;
- ICSA qualification/affiliation - not necessarily a prerequisite, however, the successful candidate will be expected to commit to attaining such a qualification in the short-term;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written;
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills, with the ability to multitask and prioritise whilst working to tight deadlines;
- Excellent IT skills, with a working knowledge of Blueprint;
- Enthusiastic, motivated, ambitious and proactive, able to act on their own initiative as well as being part of a diverse and inclusive team;
- Observance of firm policies and protocols and completion of relevant training;
- Commercially driven;
- Flexibility and a willingness to work additional hours on occasion as required.
Similar searches: Company secretary