Vistra's Specialist Corporate Governance (SCG) team is looking to recruit a leader with strong commercial acumen and line management experience to join their team as an Associate Director - Company Secretary.
This is a role that will suit a dynamic and accomplished company secretary or deputy company secretary looking to move from an in-house role, to develop a career in private practice. Equally, this role is for an ambitious corporate governance specialist within private practice who wishes to forge ahead and take their career to the next level. This role will suit any candidate who wishes to work in a dynamic, challenging, growing business - join us!
Purpose of the role:
- Lead a team of specialists delivering corporate governance advice and board support to a portfolio of listed and corporate clients.
- Lead corporate governance business development to increase revenue in the SCG team, both new service lines to existing clients, and growing new clients.
- Work with Vistra commercial teams / sectors / service lines identify, generate and implement cross and upsell corporate governance opportunities to Vistra clients.
- Act as a senior stakeholder within Vistra Corporate Law team, actively participating in and contributing to successful management and growth of VCL.
Due to the client facing nature of this role – we are only considering candidates currently residing in the UK, thank you.
- Deliver and be accountable for team revenue / ebitda / margin / utilisation targets.
- Lead and be responsible for the delivery to clients of outstanding board support and corporate governance advice, and excellent client care.
- Assume responsibility for own portfolio of clients, delivering outstanding client service.
- Be an active leader and participant in business development activities, both ‘own initiative' as well as part of integrated business development working with Vistra stakeholders.
- Be a thought leader in the development of board support and corporate governance, actively contributing to marketing and profile raising at both a personal level and promotion of Vistra teams / capability.
- Be an effective and inspiration leader of a team, setting and maintaining high personal standards and nurturing, supporting and driving the development of team members through excellent leadership.
- Be an active, high-profile, ambitious ambassador for the SCG team, VCL, Vistra Advisory in dealings with clients, colleagues, other Vistra offices, stakeholders (such as regulators and regulatory bodies, trade groups, know-how forums, public consultations, professional networking etc.).
- Although primarily reporting to head of VCL, this role with require regular engagement with, and indirect reporting to senior leads in Vistra (e.g. with Vistra Advisory and Vistra UK, senior commercial team leads) as well as working directly with clients and stakeholders.
- Strong line management/team management experience; coaching, supporting, performance management, career guidance
- Ability to lead and inspire a team, set and maintain high standards to be followed, inspire and support team members to deliver when under pressure, provide ongoing coaching, professional development and learning.
- Technical excellence in company secretarial and governance matters, able to deliver board support and advice on complex corporate governance, meeting and exceeding expectations of chairs and members of boards of directors.
- Listed company experience and expertise (to the standards of listed company / deputy company secretary) of AIM and FTSE 350, able to advise on all operational aspects of ongoing corporate governance obligations and duties for listed companies, as well as advise clients looking to IPO on the corporate governance regime for listed companies in the UK.
- Financial awareness and delivery against performance targets such revenue / utilisation / profit etc. targets.
- Ability to deliver excellent client service, deal with problems, work to tight and demanding deadlines, work for multiple clients.
- Experience and enthusiasm in developing new ideas, implementing new programmes / change programmes, taking projects forward, generating new business.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with clients, colleagues, prospective clients, professional bodies etc.
- Chartered Company Secretary - ICSA
- Educated to degree level
What we can offer you:
- Exciting and complex work
- An environment that is open and collaborative
- An opportunity for you to carve a career out for yourself in a business that is growing rapidly!
- Open door policy with Senior Stakeholders all hungry to drive improvements
- Competitive benefits
- Learning and Development opportunities