Deputy Company Secretary
We are looking for an experienced Chartered Secretary to help establish this Secretariat function following a period of substantial growth. You will be carrying out a diverse range of company secretarial duties from more administrative tasks such as board support and proactively managing the agenda and statutory compliance and governance matters as well as broader aspects like managing the risk register and insurances.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Support and produce accurate minutes for board and committee meetings.
- Implement board decisions and ensure they actioned appropriately in accordance with the agreed timetable
- Maintain statutory books, including register of directors, secretaries and members
- Enforce relevant governance structures and the compliance with the effective business conduct
- Liaise with the registrar of companies
- Manage the submission of annual returns and annual financial statements, as well as renewal for of insurance cover for employees, equipment and premises
- Act as company secretarial advisor for director queries, managing the governance schedule for Group Entities
- Manage the review arrangements of corporate governance documentation
- Manage the new director induction, development and mentoring
Experience and Qualifications
- Preferably ICSA qualified
- Demonstrable experience preparing agendas, document preparation and minute taking
- Working knowledge of the Governance and Risk management processes
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong relationship builder
- Diligent, highly organised and accurate
- Strong sense of purpose and belief in the goals of the organisation
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1663