Company Secretary Subsidiary Board Senior Manager
Be Different! An exciting, dynamic and well remunerated role for an experienced and self-motivated company secretary who has a proven track record of successfully and pro-actively providing board support across subsidiaries and now wishes to apply their experience in the world’s most exciting new project: NEOM in Saudi Arabia, the home of The Line.
You will be joining a small and professional company secretarial department of about 15 colleagues. The department is dedicated to supporting NEOM’s fast growing number of subsidiaries and providing group governance assurance. Each subsidiary entity will be a global leader in its field, delivering on NEOM’s promise of creating the world’s first sustainable city. The subsidiaries will be at the cutting edge of the possible.
You will report to the Executive Director for Subsidiary Affairs, (ex FTSE 20 Group Company Secretary) and will contribute to the broader growth and success of the central Subsidiary Governance department and the effective governance of the subsidiary boards. The new subsidiary pipeline is long, and your leadership will be required to embed the NEOM group governance policy and procedures in a fast moving entrepreneurial environment. The role will act as the dedicated Corporate Secretary/Company Secretary to key selected subsidiaries working closely with the subsidiary chairman and CEO.
NEOM is an accelerator of human progress and a vision of what a New Future might look like. It is a region in northwest Saudi Arabia on the Red Sea being built from the ground up as a living laboratory – a place where entrepreneurship will chart the course for this New Future. It will be a destination and a home for people who dream big and want to be part of building a new model for exceptional liveability, creating thriving businesses, and reinventing environmental conservation.
Your Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Expertise in managing board portals
- Expertise in board and board committee administration
- Comfortable attending board and committee meetings
- Skilled at preparing minutes
- Tact and determination in following up with action points
- Track record of building excellent working relationship with the chairman, members of the board and highly motivated senior management
- Track record of building and cultivating relationships with stakeholders
- Confidence in preparing integrated annual rolling agendas for board and its committees
- Monitor board budget
- Determining what information should be distributed to board members in-between meetings
- Management of conflicts of interest disclosure
- Solid understanding of subsidiary governance in a group framework including managing the relationship with the parent company
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent drafting skills including refreshing board/committee charters
- Practical working knowledge of company secretarial templates, procedures and entity management software.
- Provide support for ad hoc technical queries and mentoring / training junior staff
- Experience of successfully delivering inductions and training
- Experience of conducting internal board evaluations
Qualification: Ideally hold a recognized qualification as a company secretary from ICSA or equivalent (i.e. qualified lawyer)
Minimum Years of Experience: we are seeking candidates with more than 10 years’ experience but for an exceptional candidate we will accept a minimum of 5 years
Administrative Skills: Excellent record-keeping and administrative skills
Minutes: Excellent Minute writing skills
English Language Communication Skills: Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to Board members, staff and stakeholders. Ability to understand oral instructions and to ask for clarification when necessary.
Arabic Language skills: a plus
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or oral form and to obtain clarification as required
Teamwork: a committed team player working in a multi-cultural environment
Trust & respect: ability to win trust of board members and colleagues
Creativity: an ability to find a practical solution to unexpected challenges
Professionalism: deliver role with integrity