Assistant Company Secretary - FTSE100 Bank
About the Role
- To support the monitoring of the implementation of the Subsidiary Governance Policy and Standard’s across the Group’s subsidiary entities
- To support the monitoring of the implementation of the Change to Group Corporate Structure Standard across the Group’s subsidiary entities
- To provide high quality advice on GCS policies and a wide range of regulatory/statutory compliance requirements (including UK Companies Act and international requirements).
Capital, Liquidity and Listing
- Project leading the Global liquidation programme including proactive engagement with stakeholders including the liquidators, Finance, Tax and Treasury. Monitor and drive the timely progress of global liquidations and ensure the liquidation status is correctly reflected on Diligent Entities
- Act as back up for projects and tasks associated with the Group’s UK and overseas stock exchange listings.
- Support in providing advice to Group Treasury and the Financial Markets business on projects relating to PLC and debt issuances, including the Group’s Debt Issuance and Alternative Tier 1 (“AT1”) Programmes.
- Act as the first point of contact and “trusted adviser” to stakeholders in connection with the Change of Group Corporate Structure approval process, including completion of the approval forms, maintaining the control spreadsheet to track and monitor the status of corporate structure changes and providing guidance and support in connection with transaction related documents.
- Provide required support in connection with the day-to-day management and verification of the monthly close links submission to the UK regulator, including maintenance of Group corporate structure charts.
Committee and Board responsibilities
- May have the opportunity to act as Committee Secretary to a Committee of the PLC Board or provide Board support more generally.
- Work closely with the business to ensure that all Committee papers are distributed in a timely manner.
- Attend and minute Committee meetings.
- Note action points and disseminate to the business.
- Foster positive relationships with senior stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of the Committee.
- Liaise with the Chair of the Committee, as required, to support the efficient operation of the Committee.
Country Company Secretarial support
- Where appointed, provide company secretarial support for subsidiaries and branches within the Group.
- Be familiar with the Group’s Risk Management Framework and relevant Frameworks (including Compliance and Operational Risk) and how they apply to the Function.
- To assist with the sampling and testing of controls to ensure compliance with agreed Operational Risk Framework controls and standards and GCS policies.
- Ensuring that GCS keeps pace with developing and emerging best practice, new legislation, regulatory and corporate governance developments, including preparation and drafting reports and papers on relevant matters, holding masterclasses for secretariat colleagues.
- Assist relevant stakeholders within GCS to drive improvement in GCS processes (through process improvement initiatives).
- Responsible for ensuring that Department Operating Instructions / Procedures notes are created, maintained, updated and reviewed annually for all the above key responsibilities assigned.
- To undertake general company secretarial matters, including corporate representatives, powers of attorney and periodic regulatory filings.
- Responsible for ensuring relevant information is made available on the GCS site is accurate and maintained at all times. Complete the annual assurance process led by Board Operations.
- To deal with tasks and general queries from within the Group’s network which come through the secretariat email inbox, including the provision of Group entity information, delegated authorities, document execution and subsidiary governance.
- Lead and/or provide support on various departmental/regulatory tasks and projects including the impact assessment of new regulatory requirements / statutory obligations or consultations, internal communications.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.