Non-Executive Directors at The Denbigh Alliance
The Denbigh Alliance in Milton Keynes seeks two non-executives/directors with demonstrated experience in change management, corporate governance or human resources to join its board. Board meetings are held in Milton Keynes when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Denbigh Alliance is currently made up of two schools. Denbigh School is well-established and also hosts a Teaching School, School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) a Maths Hub and a Computing Hub and thus provides outreach and support to a number of schools across the area. In recent months the Executive Team have worked hard to open a brand new school, Watling Academy, which welcomed its first intake to temporary accommodation in September 2020 and will move to its permanent home in a brand new building when completed in Spring 2021.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- human resources or
- corporate governance or
- change management
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Sustainable and manageable Trust growth
- To ensure a firm foundation for the brand-new Watling Academy and ensure a smooth transfer to its permanent location, supporting its growth to full capacity of 1800 students
- Recruiting and retaining skilled trustees to support and challenge the Board and the Executive Team.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available on Academy Ambassadors Board Opportunities page.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.
Similar searches: Board level roles