Experienced Company Secretary - Home based - PLC role
- Toomast Recruitment
- Working from home
- Job title
- Assistant company secretary, Governance roles, Governance Manager
- Job type
- Full time, Part time
I am working exclusively with a fast-growing outsourced company secretarial services business, who are looking to hire an experienced company secretary. The job will be ideally on a full time basis and be permanently based from home. You will be required to attend client board meetings - initially virtually, but eventually in person (when normal working arrangements resume), which will predominantly be held in London, but also other locations across England.
The business works predominantly with AIM, fully listed and regulated companies in industries such as insurance, technology, property and financial services, providing outsourced support on all aspects of company secretarial practice, corporate law, governance and compliance. Each member of the team works with a variety of clients, and the portfolio itself will depend on interest and prior experience and subject matter expertise.
The work done for clients includes (but is not limited to):
- Providing ongoing regulatory, compliance and corporate governance advice and support to directors of AIM listed and main market companies, including governance reviews and board evaluations.
- Board and committee support including planning and attending meetings, minute taking and managing follow up actions.
- Special projects and corporate transactions such as share capital restructuring, fundraisings and acquisitions.
- Dealing with all routine annual compliance obligations and administration of share option schemes.
For this role the client is looking for an experienced Company Secretarial professional, who has recent AIM or main listed experience (this is essential). You will be familiar with the regulatory and governance requirements of listed companies and have attended and minutes board and committee meetings. Ideally you will have had experience of working in a professional services context and understand the complexities involved in managing multiple clients. Further, you will be able to travel to London (and other UK locations) to attend client board meetings when required. Those tend to be held quarterly.
Why this role?
This role will suit someone who is looking for the flexibility that permanent working from home offers and who wants to be part of a dynamic and growing business, working with a variety of exciting clients. The team are a tightly knit, supporting group of experienced professionals who listen to the ideas and accommodate career aspirations, while providing a work-life balance.