Our client, a growing AIM-listed Asset Manager, is looking for a competent company secretary to provide company secretarial services and governance to three venture capital trusts. Reporting to the General Counsel & Company Secretary, you will be providing support to each trust board, advise on corporate governance matters and ensure compliance. The ideal candidate will have sufficient company secretarial experience ideally within a listed environment, having prior practice within all areas of public and private corporate and company law and gravitas at Board level. Please get in touch today if this sounds of interest! Previous asset management/VCT experience will be preferred.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and attend at VCT board meetings, AGMs and other general meetings.
- Keep and maintain the statutory books for each VCT.
- Prepare and agree dividend calendars with each VCT board and registrar.
- Submit Companies House filings
- Arrange allotment meetings for DRIS allotments/share allotments.
- Provide support to the VCTs in fundraising activity, in conjunction with share offer advisers and service providers, including preparation of documents and review of processes, processing applications, preparation and publication of RNS announcements.
- Arrange and regularly review D&O Insurance policies for each VCT board.
- Prepare non-executive director appointment letters for all VCT board members.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5 – 10 years company secretarial experience, within a listed environment and/ or asset management preferably
- Demonstrable ability to advise on corporate governance and company secretarial matters.
- Sound knowledge of corporate governance codes, such as FCA regulations and Listing Rules.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Database.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Highly organised and able to prioritise work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Works collaboratively.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1648