Group General Counsel and Company Secretary
Our client, a newly established wealth management company, are looking to recruit a Group General Counsel and Company Secretary to work as a stand-alone role within the Executive Team. This role has arisen due to an increasing volume of transactional project work currently being managed by external legal advisors. The aim is for this work to be handed over the GGC/Company Secretary, therefore extensive legal knowledge is essential.
The right candidate will have sufficient knowledge across the main areas of general corporate law, employment law, corporate finance and M&A work, as well as considerate experience working within the financial services. If the thought of pioneering the growth of a relatively small, ambitious organisation excites you, be sure to get in touch!
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Project manage M&A and corporate activities.
- Manage and maintain governance and Board structures and third part debt facilities.
- Complex investment and incentive agreements administration.
- Be ‘hands-on’ in taking duties in regard to pending legal workstreams and potential transformation opportunities.
- Participate in equity incentive programme.
Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified Chartered Secretary/ Qualified Solicitor.
- Prior experience working in a Financial Services environment
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial flair.
- Able to prioritise tasks and manage own workload.
- Dynamic, able to adapt and be flexible.
- Confident and client-facing.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1646