This is an exciting newly created position for a standalone Group Company Secretary to establish the UK subsidiary of this respected European bank. This is a heavy-weight role supporting the board and its committees and you will play an active role in shaping the governance framework and advising the board on all corporate governance issues and compliance with all requirements as an unlisted plc.
Roles and responsibilities
- Act as Secretary to the Board, Risk & Compliance, Audit Nomination, Remuneration and Executive Committees
- Support to the Chairman, Board members and executive management.
- Organise and prepare agendas and papers for Board meetings, committees and annual general meetings.
- Take minutes and draft resolutions and statutory filings
- Play a pro-active role in following up on action points from meetings.
- Support in relation to and co-ordination of board effectiveness reviews.
Experience and qualifications
- Previous senior role from another financial services organisation
- Solid understanding of corporate governance issues and best practice.
- Experience in arranging and managing board and committee meetings.
- Personal qualities and behaviours
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail and ‘hands on’ in approach
- Gravitas and diplomacy with developed influencing skills to affect change.
- The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure.