Company Secretarial Assistant
A fantastic opportunity has arisen in the company secretariat team of a top UK insurance company. Due to a very busy 2020 due to continued organic growth as well as key mergers and acquisitions, the team are looking for a new Company Secretarial Assistant to come on board.
The role will be broad but support on a key regulated entity and it's UK and international subsidiaries. It will include, but not be limited to:
- Arranging of board and committee meetings including board paper production and following up on board action points, as well as attending and minuting meetings of non regulated subsidiary board and committee meetings.
- Maintaining statutory books and filings with Companies House
- Liaison with global stakeholders and advising on local statutory and legal requirements
- Assisting with subsidiary share transactions in the Group as well as Divisional level
- Assist with the update and management of Group corporate structure charts and process maps
- Drafting and proof reading documents (including minutes, annual reports etc.)
- Assist in M&A activity, Group-wide projects and ad hoc matters
What we are looking for
This role is going to be suitable for a self-motivated Company Secretarial professional, with about 1-2 years of experience of working in a company secretariat team in the insurance industry or financial services. You must also have working knowledge of UK statutory and regulatory legislation and ideally have experience of using Diligent.
You will be working towards becoming fully ICSA qualified or already be GradCG. Strong MS Office and Excel skills are essential.
Why consider this role
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a solid foundation as a Trainee Co Sec or Company Secretarial Assistant, to take the next career step with a fast paced company, which puts its employees at the heart of the business. There is excellent career development in this team and your role in the team will be busy, varied and valued! In a year that has seen many businesses struggle, this company with a strong track record has grown and expanded, putting itself firmly at a top spot on the leaderboard within its industry.