Trainee/Company Secretary Assistant
We are looking to appoint a Company Secretarial Assistant to provide support to the Group Company Secretary on all matters relating to company secretarial and corporate governance services
- Providing additional support for the Group Board and Committee meetings
- Assisting with global entity management and ongoing global projects
- Liaison with stakeholders to ensure timely submission of Board papers and administration
- Maintenance and management of Board procedures and policies
- Liaison and coordination with other relevant groups throughout the firm, including consumer & privacy compliance, controllers (including regulatory controllers), trading, product origination, marketing, operations, business and organisational leadership and tax
- Assisting with the maintenance of the statutory records and documents of the Group, assisting the management of the relationships with shareholders including share schemes and providing input into corporate restructurings
- Electronic filing using Diligent, and occasionally web filing documents at Companies House.
- Dealing with administrative tasks relating to company secretarial matters.
- Assisting with and dealing with KYC and information requests
Skills and Abilities:
- Educated to degree standard/Paralegal Qualification/ICSA part-qualified/interested in working towards ICSA
- Previous corporate company secretarial experience (Dilligent, Shareworks, Nasdaq Boardvantage)
- Knowledge of company law and administration and corporate governance
- Highly organised with the skills to prioritise workload and deal with conflicting priorities
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and writing skills in English (ability to present both oral and written ideas clearly, concisely and persuasively).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet urgent deadlines.
- Must be able to problem solve, identifying pragmatic commercial solutions to meet the requirements of the business
Our culture is founded in a commitment to challenging the status quo.
To help make finance fairer for everyone, we’re changing the way Working Capital Finance works. Our diverse, global offices combine bright thinkers from different backgrounds working autonomously and creatively to find new ways to re-invent the industry.
We’re not afraid to fail, pivot and adapt when it comes to our products and believe that our people should be given the same opportunities to pave their own path. Our dynamic structure and agile organisation means everyone, in every team can make an impact and find purpose and pride in their work.
We love trying new things, and most days you’ll find us ‘innovating on the fly’, pushing the limits of what’s possible to create new solutions to seemingly impossible challenges. We’re data-driven and tech-focused, but still centred around our customers. As active problem-solvers, we also firmly believe that just because that’s the way it’s always been, doesn’t mean that’s the way it should be.
We’re a tight-knit bunch, who are proud of our heritage, and like nothing better than welcoming new people to the team. In fact, working as a team is at the heart of everything we do – from our diverse and inclusive global family to a truly accessible, flat structure than encourages transparency and participation in all aspects of the company.