Trustee at the Middlesex Learning Partnership
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at academy trusts throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Middlesex Learning Partnership educates students from very deprived backgrounds with over 50% of pupils entitled to free school meals (FSM). The trust currently serves 3,000 pupils and has a budget in excess of £15million annually. The trust seeks one trustee with experience in strategic HR to support its planned growth. Board meetings are held in Hayes, Middlesex.
The board seeks one business leader with expertise in
- strategic HR
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Financial management including negotiation for end of contract PFI building - the first in the country to end.
- Improvement in the outcomes and Ofsted of the most recently acquired primary school, moving it to Good.
- Growth through building upon the excellent outcomes that all three schools have achieved in the last three years. The trust board aims to expand the trust to include another secondary school and look to create an alternative provision free school.
Middlesex Learning Partnership would like to expand its primary, secondary and alternative school provision in the next five years. Additionally, the trust aims to encourage teaching and learning specialists to drive standards in the classroom as well as develop innovative approaches to teacher training.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our Ambassadors alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.
A full trust specification is available at the Academy Ambassadors website.
We strongly recommend applying as early as you can to have the best possible chance of being considered as we may change the closing date if we have received sufficient applications.
More search results
Non-Executive Director at South Warwickshire Acad…
Voluntary Company Secretary and Trustee
The Pirate Castle
Non-Executive Directors at Danes Educational Trust
Non-Executive Directors at Inclusive Education Tr…
Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Mercian Educati…