Non-Executive Directors at Pegasus Academy Trust (PAT)
Pegasus Academy Trust in Croydon seeks two non-executives/directors with marketing/ communication and finance backgrounds and two additional members to join its board to support growth plans. Board meetings are held in South Norwood, SE25 4AU when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Pegasus Academy Trust (PAT) was the first primary multi-academy trust to be established in Croydon and comprises of five schools all located within ten minutes of each other. The trust board oversees in total 2,100 pupils, 275 employees and a budget of £13million. The trust seeks additional Members plus two new Non-Executive Directors to join the board to support its aspirations to grow to 8-10 schools providing education for pupils aged 2 - 19 by attracting existing schools or sponsoring under-performing schools.
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- Marketing/communications or
- Finance at CFO level/Audit/Risk or
- CEO/Managing Director or
- Growth/Change management or
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Education - continuously improving the quality of education provided by the Trust and ensuring the gap between disadvantaged pupils and more advantaged pupils continues to close.
- Growth - aspiration to grow to 8-10 schools providing education for pupils aged 2 - 19 by attracting existing schools or sponsoring under-performing schools.
- Financial Management - proactive steps to secure longer term financial sustainability
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available on the Academy Ambassadors Board Opportunites page.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.