Head of Governance - 12month FTC
Head of Governance 12month FTC
Salary: To £70,000
Reports into: Chief of Staff
This is a 12-month FTC maternity cover for Head of Governance in a financial services regulation company. This role will work directly with the main board and committees which is made up of heads of major financial services companies. You will be responsible for the day-to-day governance and liaising with the board on all matters. They are seeking someone with excellent written output capabilities, strong financial understanding and with prior exposure at board level.
- Providing the Secretariat for the board and high-level committees as required.
- Commissioning and coordinating Board agenda and papers through engagement with MDs and internal experts, with specific responsibility for production of the CEO Report
- Leading a briefing meeting prior to Board meetings to support member firms in their briefing of Board Directors.
- Working closely with the Chair and CEO to lead the delivery of the overall Board Succession plan, ensuring agreement through the Nominations and Remuneration Committee to Director appointments and renewals in line with achieving fair and balanced representation on the Board
- Providing oversight of strategic initiatives or other support required by the Chief of Staff
- Providing Secretariat to the Management Committee including coordination of agenda, commissioning of papers, and issuing of meeting packs in line with agreed timescales and ensuring all reporting is high quality
- Ensuring relevant actions from the Board and Management Committee are executed to agreed timescales
- Taking minutes of the weekly MD meetings as required
- Acting as a governance expert and owner of key governance documentation including the Articles and Rules
- Leading the delivery of and implementation of findings from the annual Governance Review.
- Previous experience of providing Secretariat support to a Company Board is essential
- Experience of project management in a financial services or professional services firm is desirable.
- ICSA qualification is desirable
- Highly organised manner with the ability to manage and prioritise a diverse workload
- Excellent interpersonal skills together with the ability to effectively engage with senior stakeholders.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this position.