City of London
We are working exclusively with a first-rate insurance broker who are seeking a Company Secretary in the wake of the impending retirement of the incumbent. Reporting into the Chairman, the main scope of this role is to provide both group and client entities, based in the UK and internationally, with the full suite of company secretarial services, as well as acting as the Group Head of HR for 120 employees. This role comes at a time of exponential growth for the company, having grown from a zero start 10 years ago to an operation handling around £250 million of gross written premiums. The ideal candidate will be familiar of working within a highly regulated environment, will be capable of adopting both a diplomatic and assertive approach and will not be afraid of a ‘hands-on’ role.
For this vacancy, our client is looking to immediately appoint a successor to give enough time for both a handover and integration into the management team. If you are immediately available or have a short notice period, please get in touch today to avoid missing out on this wide-ranging role with development opportunities to grow to C-suite level.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Oversight over a portfolio of 30 operating entities, including attending all board meetings, producing board minutes and maintenance of statutory records
- Carry out all HR duties across the organisation, including benefit packages for staff and client’s staff
- Representing the Company with clients including some overseas travel for Board Meetings
- Handle and maintain legal contracts
- Oversee and manage all banking arrangements, ICO registration, company insurances etc
- Assist and lead on large-scale group transactions, with plenty of projects on the horizon
- Active involvement in the Group Management Team
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years Company Secretarial experience ideally gained within a financial services environment
- Fully qualified Company Secretary or Financial Accountant or qualified by experience
- Demonstrable numerical and technological ability is desired
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Ability to communicate clearly and present on behalf of the company to both clients and potential clients with an assured professional manner
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills; verbally and written
- Able to problem solve effectively and independently
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1634