Non-Executive Director/Trustee at Attenborough Learning Trust
The board seeks two business leaders with board level experience in
- Communications/Branding & Marketing
- Corporate Governance
- Real estate/Property
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Growth - The trust seeks new schools to join the trust at a rate that ensures they know the schools well and the unique communities they serve, the aim being to attract schools in the Leicester area that identify with the trust's core values
- Financial Management - to ensure that the trust's budgets match the needs of its pupils and allow the trust to deliver outstanding outcomes for all children whilst securing budgets that are balanced and sustainable and guarantee the long term viability of the trust.
- Leadership - The trust aims to develop outstanding leadership at all levels, through a culture of nurturing and growing future leaders so that they can progress to leadership opportunities and roles within the trust.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at the Academy Ambassadors Website.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.