Non-Executive Director/Trustee at The Ryedale Learning Trust
The board seeks three business leaders with board level experience in
- Legal/ Compliance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- System development - to continue establishing and refining the systems and structures that come with being a new trust - including the governance structure;
- Financial management - to demonstrate robust financial planning and a healthy budget to ensure the trust can continue to meet its annual loan repayments;
- Growth - to continue to grow and work with more schools.
In the longer term, the Trust Board seeks to expand the trust to include at least ten primary schools in the Ryedale area, in addition to the planned secondary schools, referenced above.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available at https://www.academyambassadors.org/board-opportunities/ryedale-learning-trust
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.