Company Secretarial Manager
London (West End)
£Market Rate + Bonus
We have been exclusively appointed by an expanding entrepreneurial law firm to find a Company Secretary to pioneer the growth of the firm’s young and vibrant company secretarial division. This is a newly created position and will involve establishing the function, which is currently managed by corporate lawyers. The ideal candidate will possess the technical ability to take full ownership of the role, with an entrepreneurial flair; quick to build swift client relationships without a hitch. If you hold the ICSA qualification, have experience of working within a fast-paced environment and are confident in your ability to manage a small team of paralegals, then this will be the role for you!
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Independently manage your own portfolio of company secretarial work.
- Attending client meetings in person or virtually to complete board minutes and drafting of shareholder resolutions.
- As the first point of contact, manage the day to day company secretarial requests received from clients. The client base is broad and can range from SMEs to companies listed on the London stock exchange.
- Prepare and file Company House filings, communicating with HMRC, Companies House and other associated bodies.
- Liaising with senior lawyers in regards to all necessary company secretarial work following fund raises and M&A transactions.
- Lead your own small team of paralegals and carrying out ad-hoc office management responsibilities.
Experience and Qualifications
- Fully qualified (or very near to qualification) Chartered Governance professional (GCG / ACG) or equivalent.
- Prior experience within a professional services environment is desirable.
- Prior exposure to a broad variety of company secretarial work is necessary.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- A ‘self-starter’ who possesses an entrepreneurial mindset and is able to adopt a vision to grow the company secretarial team and company secretarial offering of the business over time.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, to liaise with a variety of clients in confidence.
- Team player, able to manage people and be a proactive leader.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1590