Working in this Government Agency the Assistant Company Secretary will be a key member of the company secretarial team and will be responsible for providing support to the company secretary. The role will sit within the Chief Legal officer Unit and will report directly to the company secretary.
The assistant company secretary will ensure that relevant information is made available on a timely basis, ensure good information flows between the agency and its committee, and support all agency and committee members in the discharge of their functions
- Scheduling and co-ordination of Board and Committees meetings, including preparation of work programmes, agendas and drafting of minutes
- Drafting and review of Board and committees’ papers
- Advising Board and committees on corporate governance related matters and providing support to Board members in the conduct of their duties
- Development of corporate governance policies and procedures in line with best practise and applicable legalisation and corporate governance codes
- Maintenance of governance related sections of corporate websites.
- As assistant company secretary you will assist and support the company secretary in completion of these duties which may include acting as secretary to certain committees.
- A minimum of five years relevant experience, working closely with senior management and/or Board members including non-executive directors
- A third level-honours degree or professional qualification
- A detailed knowledge of corporate governance standards/codes including the Codes of Practise for the Governance of State bodies.
- Previous experience as Board/committee secretary an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written skills including report writing with the ability to tailor communications
- A good understanding of investment/financial markets
Similar searches: Assistant company secretary