Governance/Company Secretarial Assistant
We have an opportunity for an experienced Governance/Company Secretarial Assistant to join our Head Office Team based in Poole.
- Permanent opportunity – Monday to Friday (37 hours per week)
- Salary - £30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience
Reporting to the Company Secretary this post will offer you an excellent opportunity to develop expertise in governance/company secretarial related processes and for you to grow with the organisation.
You will assist the Company Secretary in providing administrative and governance support to our Trustee Directors and Senior Management Team.
To be considered you should meet the following requirements:
- be part-way through or newly qualified in a governance qualification e.g. The Chartered Governance Institute (ICSA);
- have a working knowledge of UK corporate, charity and data protection law;
- have a working knowledge of insurance matters;
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to write clearly and concisely;
- a close eye to detail and strong organisational skills; and
- be trustworthy and experienced in keeping sensitive information confidential.
Duties day-to-day will include:
- producing key information required by the Board of Trustee Directors, including regular reporting packs and agendas for Board and committee meetings;
- taking effective minutes at Board and committee meetings and manage follow-up and monitoring of all resulting required actions;
- maintaining and managing the schedule of all regulatory filings, including those with the Charity Commission and Companies House;
- maintaining the organisational Statutory Registers;
- coordinating the review of the Charity’s Risk Register, Public Benefit Register, Standing Orders and ensure appropriate follow-up by assigned owners;
- assisting the Company Secretary / Data Protection Officer to ensure compliance with data protection legislation and effective administration thereof;
- reviewing policies and procedures (including those related to data protection and governance); and
- coordinating the review of charity-wide policies and procedures and liaising with their authors and owners.
About Care South:
As a not-for-profit charity, our HEART values are key to us providing outstanding care. For more information about Care South, our values and full benefits package, please visit our website: http://www.care-south.co.uk/about-us/