- Better Boards Limited
- UK, requiring site visits predominantly in London
- Job title
- Company secretary, Governance roles, Board level roles
- Job type
- Full time
Role: Client Director, Full Time
Based: UK, requiring site visits predominantly in London with some European travel
Salary: Competitive + Bonus + Options
Reporting to: CEO
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Governance Professional to join an innovative Board Evaluation Consultancy. We are recognised as an industry leader for evidence-based board evaluations and development programmes; our key engagements include FTSE Chairmen, Executive Teams, Non-Executive Directors and Company Secretaries.
Having raised new investments successfully in 2019, the organisation has developed a new innovative board-tech platform. This solution enables fully facilitated internal and external board evaluations underpinned by our experience and the research of founding partner Sabine Dembkowski.
In the Client Director role, you will be joining the executive team to predominantly work across within the consultancy practice developing and managing the externally facilitated evaluation programs as the business continues to launch and scale the digital board-tech platform. Your key external engagements will be with the CEO, company secretaries and Better Boards business partners. Internally, you will be expected to work collaboratively across the strategy, business development and marketing functions.
You will have a minimum of 5 years' experience within a large organisation as either a Company Secretary or have come from a professional services firm. Experience from a board-tech / reg-tech background would be desirable but not essential.
The role will include:
- Business Development
- Client engagement, facilitating board evaluations
- Critical analysis of research aligned with the Better Boards model
- Research related to governance and board effectiveness specific to different market segments
- Educated to post-graduate level, MBA or recognised relevant professional qualification
- Five years of professional experience within Corporate Governance or a Professional Services firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication and IT skills
- Excellent skills in data collections, critical analysis and reporting
- Systematic and rigorous approach with a high level of attention to detail
With an application letter - We would love to understand: Why should we choose you? What motivates you to apply? How do you believe you can add value to Better Boards? Plus, a copy of your CV and references