Executive and Committee Administration Officer
The Exec Office and Governance Team operate at the very core of PHSO. We provide strategic advice and executive support to our most senior colleagues (including the Ombudsman, Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Operating Officer) to ensure that they are able to deliver on their corporate priorities. We are also responsible for the processes by which PHSO achieves compliance with legislative, regulatory, and governance guidance requirements.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Executive and Committee Administration Officer to join our small, dynamic, and friendly team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the heart of PHSO and gain first-hand insight to how PHSO operates at a senior level. The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief of Staff across the Executive Office and governance function. This unique role is pivotal in ensuring that we continue to deliver efficient management and stewardship of PHSO, as well as providing an excellent service to our senior managers.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with an understanding of corporate governance and previous experience in an administrative role.
Main duties of the role:
- Support the process by which PHSO achieves compliance with legislative, regulatory, policy, process, procedures and governance guidance requirements.
- Support the administration of internal control systems, the corporate calendar of business, the Governance Framework and other records required for efficient governance (for example declarations of interest).
- Assist the Chief of Staff and the wider team in supporting the Ombudsman, Committee Chairs, Chief Executive, Board Members, Executive Team and auditors. This includes creating forward plans, sending meeting invites, circulating agendas and supporting documents, attending and minuting meetings, where required.
- Work with colleagues supporting the Ombudsman and Executive Team by managing diaries, commissioning papers, booking travel and accommodation and providing general admin support.
- Use and maintain the secure document management system for storing official documents and records, drawing on this to assist in responses for requests for information.
- Undertake other administrative functions related to the Board including appointments and induction of new Non-Executive Board members.
- Assist in the maintenance of the governance section of the PHSO website.
- Assist in providing updates to Board members and the Executives on developments in governance practice.