Assistant Company Secretary – UK Regulated Entities and Projects
We are professional intermediaries playing a pivotal role in the world’s financial, energy and commodities markets. Matching buyers and sellers, we create liquidity and price discovery in these markets and provide insight and context to our clients.
We operate a hybrid model where brokers provide business-critical intelligence to clients. It’s supplemented by proprietary screens for historical data, analytics and execution functionality.
Globally, we’re the leading provider of proprietary over the counter pricing information and a unique source of data on financial, energy and commodities products. Our market data is independent, unbiased and non-position influenced.
To support the Company Secretary and company secretariat team in delivering high quality corporate governance compliance and administration. Key to this role is the provision of a wide range of company secretarial matters and compliance services, ensuring that the Group’s businesses are compliant with best practice and statutory requirements.
Key responsibilities will be:
Supporting and acting as secretary to:
- The UK and Continental Europe Regulated (REs) Companies’ Boards and their Committees
- An Executive Level Committee - Group Risk, Culture and Conduct Committee
- Periodically deputising for the Group Company Secretary or Senior Assistant Company Secretary – Board Support, as required, at Main Board Committee meetings
Main responsibilities to include:
- preparation and setting of forward agendas/calendars
- liaison with individuals responsible for producing reports to committees and boards
- managing the production and distribution of papers
- follow-up actions
- Provide support for preparation and setting of agendas/calendars, liaison with individuals responsible for producing reports and managing the production and distribution of papers for the Executive Committee.
- Driving and project managing governance projects, including assisting in designing, developing, communicating, implementing and embedding the governance framework for the Group, including new best practice governance structures and procedures
- Liaising with the tax, finance and legal departments as necessary regarding, amongst other things, intra-group and external agreements, and implementation of corporate reorganisations and consolidations of the corporate structure, in particular as they apply to the REs
- Assistance as required with M&A activity
- Liaison with external and internal counsel, auditors, overseas company secretarial agents and secretarial colleagues, as appropriate
- Influencing development of the new Company Secretarial manual as it relates to the UKREs and wider governance structure
- Influencing the redesign and remodelling of the future company secretarial and governance support function to take account of future business and regulatory demand
- Providing training and support/cover to colleagues as required.
- Undertaking other administrative company secretarial duties, as necessary for the UKREs including;
- The drafting and submission of forms (electronically and in hard copy) to the Registrar of Companies
- Administration and maintenance of statutory registers on the Group’s worldwide database
- Assistance with the UK statutory accounts approval/filing processes and liaison with external auditors and finance teams including the preparation of relevant paperwork and minutes.
- Provide cover as necessary on public company compliance processes, including the drafting and release of London Stock Exchange regulatory announcements
- Respond to company secretarial information requests, as necessary, from other departments, shareholders and external third parties
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested or in line with agreed objectives.
- ICSA qualification
- Experience of supporting (arranging and minuting) senior management and committee meetings, demonstrating gravitas
- Experience of financial services sector preferable
- Highly organised with a “can-do” approach with ability to work to deadlines and under pressure from multiple tasks, and demonstrating on time delivery of tasks and projects
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to work well as a team member and build rapport and trust with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work with diverse groups/ personalities
- Demonstrates high levels of energy in seeking out and achieving new goals
- Goes that “extra mile”
- Seeks opportunities for improvements
- Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills with a proactive approach