Company Secretarial Assistant
TP ICAP is a global firm of professional intermediaries that plays a pivotal role in the world’s financial, energy and commodities markets.
Operating through our core businesses, Tullett Prebon, ICAP, PVM, Mirexa Capital, Tullett Prebon Information, ICAP Information Services and PVM Data Services, we create strong networks in person and through technology. We provide comprehensive analysis and insight into market conditions and long-term trends. We combine data, knowledge and intelligence into contextual insight and commercial guidance. By engaging with our clients, and providing innovative products and services, we enable our clients to transact with confidence, facilitating the flow of capital and commodities around the world, enhancing investment and contributing to economic growth.
We are known in the market for our Honesty, Integrity, and Excellence in the provision of service to our clients. Above all else, we Respect our clients and each other, without bias. Employees are expected to uphold the values and principles of our cultural framework in performance of their job duties.
To support the Company Secretariat team in delivering high quality corporate governance compliance and administration. This role, reporting to the Senior Assistant Company Secretary, will involve assisting in the provision of a wide range of company secretarial matters and compliance services, ensuring that the Group’s businesses are compliant with best practice and statutory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Assistant Company Secretary in the provision of a full company secretarial administration service to the Group’s UK and European subsidiaries, such as drafting director and shareholder minutes etc
- Provide assistance to the Senior Assistant Company Secretary in their support to the TP ICAP plc Board and Committees
- The drafting and submission of forms (electronically and in hard copy) to the Registrar of Companies.
- Administer and maintain statutory registers on the Group’s worldwide database of subsidiary companies (GEMS), liaising with overseas colleagues and professional advisers.
- Maintain the Group corporate chart.
- Arrange UK approval / execution of overseas subsidiary / associate related documentation including AGM representation documentation and proxies.
- Assist with the year-end sign off process in relation to Annual Report disclosures, and in the preparation for the Annual General Meeting.
- Liaison with Company Registrars.
- Assist the drafting, verification and proofreading of sections of the Annual Report as required.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual General Meeting packs and event planning as required.
- Assist with the UK statutory accounts approval/filing processes and liaison with external auditors and finance teams including the preparation of relevant paperwork and minutes.
- Potential to act as secretary to (a) management committee(s) (candidate dependent), overseeing all related events management and minute taking at meetings.
- Assist with public company compliance processes, including the drafting and release of London Stock Exchange regulatory announcements.
- Responsible for the maintenance of confidential, restricted persons and insider project list and processes.
- Assist with ad hoc projects including corporate restructurings, incorporations, strike offs and liquidations as required.
- Assist with signing authorisations, legalisation and notarisation processes, liaising with internal and external counsel as required.
- Respond to company secretarial information requests from other departments shareholders and external third parties.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested or in line with agreed objectives.
Technical/Professional Skills & Competencies
- Some working knowledge of the legal, regulatory and corporate governance framework applying to listed companies is preferable.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Highly organised with a “can-do” approach with ability to work to deadlines and under pressure from multiple tasks.
- Able to work well as a team member and build rapport and trust with both internal and external stakeholders.
The candidate will likely have a university degree or equivalent and have already gained some sound and relevant experience within a legal or company secretarial environment. He or she should be committed to pursuing a career as a Chartered Company Secretary.
Study support will be provided for the ICSA qualifying programme if required.