Company Secretarial Assistant in FTSE 250
Company Secretarial Assistant in FTSE 250 Financial Services
REPORTING LINE: Deputy Company Secretary
SALARY: £35,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
A household name financial services company are expanding their team due to increased workload and offering someone with 2+ years’ experience a broad and diverse role within an impressive team. This company has an outstanding board of directors and is a market leader in their field, currently focussing on projects which aim to make big change in the market. This position offers both exposure and growth.
MAIN DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Organising and preparing agendas and papers for plc board meetings, committees and AGMs and following up on actions from meetings.
- Lodging required forms with Companies House and making announcements to London Stock Exchange.
- Maintaining statutory books and other key governance processes (e.g. directors’ share interests, the insider dealing list etc).
- Supporting the production of the annual report and notice of AGM.
- Administering all employee and discretionary share schemes, including key events such as grants, vesting’s and tax returns. You will also support the management of the Company’s external relationship with its share registrar and share plan administrator.
- Overseeing corporate governance policies (e.g. Board committee terms of reference, the Share Dealing Code), making sure they are kept up to date.
- Developing and overseeing the systems that ensure complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Maintaining the investors website.
- Assisting with the renewal of insurance cover and matters related to insurance.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Can work on their own initiative.
- ICSA Qualified or Studying ICSA qualifications
- Has a good attention to detail, organisational and administrative skills and great customer focus.
- Has great interpersonal skills, working within the business and communicating directly with our Board.
- You’ll have a good level of IT literacy and a willingness to further develop your understanding of company law, governance and listed company regulation.
- Prior experience of working in a UK listed company secretariat is essential and you should ideally at least be working towards your ICSA qualifications or a recognised equivalent.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02030 588 005.