£450 – 500 per meeting, London (South East)
We are working with an academy trust who are seeking a part time Clerk to guide the board on governance, constitutional and procedural matters. The role has 3 primary functions, to ensure the boards compliance with necessary legal and regulatory frameworks, provide functional advice on procedural matters and to carry out organizational and administrative support. The ideal candidate will have prior governance experience working with academy trusts, in particular effectively supporting and minuting the board meetings. If you’re available on a part time basis and possess the relevant qualifications and experience, get in touch today to learn more about this exceptional opportunity.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Advise the governing board on best governance practice.
- Manage, prepare agendas, attend and minute Board and Committee meetings.
- Advise and guide the board members and trustees in line with all relevant regulatory bodies, such as the Department of Educations recommendations.
- Maintain up to date records on governing board members, statutory policies and other documents.
- Build relations and liaise effectively with the chair, executive leaders and the board.
- Remain current with any changes in governance legislation and enforce practice appropriately.
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree-level.
- Previous experience in an academy trust working in a governance/clerking function.
- Demonstrable ability to support the board and produce effective minutes.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Organised with impeccable time management skills.
- Highly detail orientated with a proactive mindset.
- Articulate communicator; both written and verbally.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1620
More search results
Assistant Company Secretary – UK Regulated Entiti…
Assistant Company Secretary - (Senior Administrat…
Interim Co Sec Manager (12m FTC) - Corporate and …
BWW Exclusive: FTSE250 - PA/Company Secretary Ass…
BWW Exclusive: FTSE 250 Assistant Secretary (Seni…