Assistant Company Secretary
£Attractive + bonus, London (West End)
Our client, a highly acclaimed multi-sector investment management organisation, have exclusively appointed us to assist in the search for an Assistant Company Secretary, who will act as a trusted ‘no.2’ within the department. Reporting to the Company Secretary, the primary purpose of this role is to lead on a day to day basis in the efficient delivery of a wide variety of company secretarial duties, including attending and minuting FCA-regulated group board meetings. This role with also oversee the work of two juniors, acting as their line manager. The ideal candidate will be fully ICSA/CG qualified, and will be capable of working within a fast-paced environment with the gravitas to regularly interface with both the CEO and Chair. A background within either the professional services or financial services would be highly desirable. This role can be considered on either a full-time or part-time (3-4 days) basis for the right candidate. Upon return to the office in the New Year, our client expects plenty of flexibility for home working. Please get in touch to today to avoid missing out on this exceptional opportunity.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Providing meeting support (including attendance) to the FCA regulated group board, other group boards and the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Advising the board as required on developments in governance and other company secretarial matters.
- Oversight over a wide range of company secretarial matters – including share allotments, capital reductions, shareholder meetings, formations, dividends, articles changes, company re-registrations, and strike-offs amongst other duties.
- Day to day management of the team including reviewing work, overseeing processes and supporting their technical and personal development
- Leading on other ad-hoc group projects, as required by the business
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree-level.
- Fully ICSA qualified (ACIS / FCIS / ACG / FCG) or equivalent.
- Around 5+ years prior experience within a company secretarial function is essential, within either the Financial or Professional services sector.
- Demonstrable leadership and management ability, with project management experience preferably.
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Impressive technical dexterity, with the resilience to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail and meticulously organised with a flexible edge.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an air of persuasiveness; able to build strong relationships across all levels of the business.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.
Reference Number: 1618
More search results
The Channel Islands Cooperative Society
Assistant Company Secretary – UK Regulated Entiti…
BWW Exclusive: Assistant Company Secretary - Inve…
Interim Board Support Assistant - London EC4
Global Entity Co-Ordinator - Manchester