Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen within one of the largest law firms in the world who prefer to do things a little differently. They are by no means an average law firm and strive to uphold a positive and flexible ethos, ensuring they are a great place to work and develop your career.
Your new role
The Commercial team consists of 5 lawyers (part-time and full-time roles. We are looking to recruit a Commercial lawyer to support the team. The role will report to the Principal Lawyer within the Commercial team.
- Providing clear and concise legal advice and support to the client, having regard to the client's business objectives, and delivering practical, creative and commercial solutions and value within budget and time constraints, whilst ensuring that risks are understood and mitigated.
- Taking instructions from the client and advising on the law and legal issues.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements and other legal documents tailored to the client's needs.
- Ensuring, as far as possible, that the client's governance processes are observed as regards commercial matters with which the commercial solicitor deals.
- Assisting with the resolution of disputes concerning commercial contracts.
- Monitoring the suitability of the client's contract precedents, processes and procedures and amending them and providing training as necessary.
- Identifying ways to add value and improve internal efficiencies, including process improvements.
- Supervising and delegating work to paralegals and support staff as appropriate.
- Liaising with professionals and other operatives in both the client's business and externally.
- Keeping up to date with all relevant legal, legislative, regulatory and industry developments relevant to the legal specialism, informing and updating the team, and providing proactive updates to facilitate the client's operational activities.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ability to work alone with confidence and self-discipline, taking ownership of tasks and able to demonstrate sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to learn a complicated and dynamic business, understand the client, its customers and the regulatory regime in which the business operates and to proactively advise on a combination of legal and business issues.
- Qualified solicitor with at least 5 years' post qualification experience (PQE) in commercial law. The PQE indicated in this job description is intended as a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
- Knowledge of the water industry would be useful but is not essential.
- In-house experience useful (but not essential); we will consider candidates with experience working for public authorities (e.g. local councils) with demonstrable experience of public procurement.
- Experience of drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of legal documents.
What you'll get in return
A supportive and collaborative team. Competitive salary and package working for a world leading firm. Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.